Andrade Legal specializes in immigration law defense, legalization and consulting. Founded in 2001, we have earned a national reputation for excellence and leadership in the immigration-law community. The firm continues to build upon its record of winning arguments through creative advocacy and pursuing federal litigation where necessary.
- We help individuals attain lawful immigration status through family petitions processed in the United States, or abroad.
- We defend individuals in deportation proceedings and seek their release from immigration detention.
- We help crime victims in the United States attain legal status.
- We work with criminal defense counsel to ensure the disposition of a criminal case is consistent with the client’s immigration objectives.
- We help businesses build a solid record of immigration-law compliance through internal audits of hiring practices, on-site I-9 training, creating practices to deal with Social Security Number Match notices and identifying other vulnerabilities.
- We assist employers secure and retain valued employees.
*** NEWS ***
H1-B CAP REACHED IN FIRST WEEK OF FILING - FIRST TIME SINCE 2008
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced on April 7, 2014, that it has received a sufficient number of H-1B petitions to reach the statutory cap for fiscal year (FY) 2015. USCIS has also received more than the limit of 20,000 H-1B petitions filed under the U. S. advanced degree exemption. Read more about the cap here.
DOL TO REVISIT H-2B WAGE METHODOLOGY
On March 14, 2014, the DOL issued a notice that it intends to publish proposed rulemaking on the proper wage methodology for the H-2B program. The April 2013 wage methodology will stay in effect until a new wage methodology is finalized. Read the federal regustier notice here.
AUTOMATED FORM I-94
On April 30, 2013, U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced that it will begin using automated versions of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record at various U.S. airports. For a fact sheet on the new procedures, click here.
U.S. SENATE IMMIGRATION REFORM BILL
On June 27, 2013, the U.S. Senate passed a broad immigration reform bill. The House of Representatives has not acted on this bill. The House members have stated that they will not support a bill with a pathway to U.S. Citizenship for new applicants – a term considered non-negotiable for many. For a summary of the Senate bill’s pros and cons by the National Immigration Law Center, click here.
CONSULATIONS WITH ANDRADE LEGAL
Andrade Legal now offers first-come, first served Open Consultation Days every Tuesday from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm. If you prefer to schedule an appointment in advance, please call 208-342-5100.
**EMERGENCY IMMIGRATION BOND CASES**
Call 208.342.5100 - any staff member can assist you
Our reputation for quality work and honesty is our greatest asset.
If we can help you, please call 208.342.5100 or send us an email.